Stranded at the Airport, but still Connected
We’re passionate about technology. Yesterday our brand new iPhone 3GS’s arrived (Okay I know, took a while… but I was stuck in contract with the 3G, and James had a Blackberry).
We pride ourselves on being available to our clients beyond normal working hours, you have to when you’re dealing with International brands, global eCommerce with sales coming in 24 hours a day, enterprise level email, business systems that run an entire company’s operations, and time-sensitive marketing deadlines…
Thankfully, we spent some time ‘tooling ourselves up’, so that we could stay connected – always.
For the mobile businessman, Smartphones are ideal. Thousands of apps to install, practically a pocket PC. One stood out for us from the go (can you guess which?)… Take a look at our favourite apps that are already available from the AppStore or built in as standard:
- WIFI – Fast internet, who can live without it now?
- Skype – Make and Receive calls to/from the office number
- WordPress – Managing this website and writing this blog article
- Enterprise Email – communication, full email history, contact address book – all synchronised with our office PCs
- Office calendar – for appointments and dates
- Database tool – Updating and checking client databases
- Server Monitor – Health status of all network services (+ clients’)
- Web Server control panel – For managing websites, email accounts, settings & configurations, and setting up new clients
- Twitter & Facebook – Managing our social marketing campaigns
- Analytics – Reporting on activity, visitor traffic and sales for all of the websites we manage
- Remote Desktop – Log on to home PC to fetch files or client PC to fix issues
- Live Video – Online streaming of live video wherever I am from my phone camera
- And finally… Angry Birds >:)
This is my office.
Got your own set of killer tools to run your daily duties? Reply and let us know.